Wherefore, honest men and wise men should be sought for diligently, and good men and wise men ye should observe to uphold; (D&C 98:10)

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Why Do You Support Trump?


I have a good friend, Jim McPhetres, who supports Donald Trump for President.  Here is his answer.

What I like about Trump is his non political approach. He is a good business man and he has a strong financial education that is different that our politicians today. Unlike them he understands the cost of something whether it's a commodity or a person and how that relates to the bottom line. Currently we have to many in government that only understand how to spend without regard to how they receive the money the use. I believe he will change the philosophy in government to be prudent and smart when they use taxpayer money. I also am very happy to get some of the political correctness out of the way of running our country and staying on track with our Constitution and Bill of Rights. Now I do think he is very full of himself but I also believe that because of that he will not wavier from his promises to Americans. Trump is also the only one who does not support Agenda 21 which in my opinion is a movement that will destroy our nations sovereignty. Trump I believe will bring back industry to America which will put people back to work and with all hope that Americans start feel proud again that they live in a country that provides the American Dreams to be fulfilled. Outside of Cruz and Paul I don't have any hope in the other candidates as I believe they are bought and paid for by the establishment that desires a world government with a global economy which on the grand scale of things does not benefit America. I have many more reasons for supporting him and if you ever like we can meet some time and chat. Hope your having a great week, and thank you Richard for asking my opinion.
My bottom line is that I don't trust him. I support Rand Paul above Trump. I ask you to consider moving your support to Rand from Trump.

He may not be "bought and paid for by the establishment". It also means that he will do whatever he wants. He is used to being the king of his empire. I don't want a king. Rand Paul is libertarian Republican. He certainly is not an establishment candidate.

"He is a good business man and he has a strong financial education" I have my doubts about how good a businessman he is. He strikes me as a man without aversion to risk in his business dealings. And has done about as well as what another could have achieved with less risky investments.
Donald Trump inherited a lot of money and the growth of his wealth has been in line with that of the S&P 500.
Donald Trump's self-described net worth was $200 million in 1982.
If he invested that money in the S&P 500, he'd be worth about $8.3 billion today.
Today he claims his net worth is $8.7 billion. So based on his own claims, he has barely outperformed the S&P since 1982. (quora, See also NewsMax)
"Currently we have to many in government that only understand how to spend without regard to how they receive the money the use." I do not trust him not to spend as much or nearly as much as any other candidate other than Rand Paul.

I am not sure what part of the Constitution Donald Trump advocates for specifically. I hear that he wants to deport anyone from born within the US from foreign nationals. That seems like it is against the 14th Amendment. I am for allowing for more legal immigration.

I am not sure why Agenda 21 is an issue. It was a voluntary, non-binding agreement from 1992. How is this affecting us today?

How will Trump bring industry back to America? Trump supports protectionist policies. They will hurt the economy not help. (See CNBC).

On a final note, I find Trump unnecessarily rude and insulting. "Look at that face" comment of Fiorina. Rand Paul said,
"I kinda have to laugh when I think.. hmm, kind of a non-sequitur. [Trump] was asked whether  he would be capable and it would be in good hands to be in charge of the nuclear weapons, and all of a sudden there's a side ways attack at me. I think that really goes to the judgement. Do we want someone with that kind of character, that kind of careless language to be negotiating with Putin? Do we want someone like that to be negotiating with Iran?  
I think, really, that there is a sophomoric quality that is entertaining about Mr. Trump. But I am worried, I am very concerned about having him in charge of the nuclear weapons, because I think his response, his visceral response to attack people on their appearance, short, tall, fat, ugly. My goodness, that happened in junior high.  Are we not way above that? Would not we all be worried to have someone like that." (Rand Paul, Sep 16, 2015 Debate, YouTube 11:06)

No comments: