Wherefore, honest men and wise men should be sought for diligently, and good men and wise men ye should observe to uphold; (D&C 98:10)

Friday, December 25, 2009

One Day or One Week

A bug has started to go through my family. It is a 24 hour stomach flu. Two or three of my kids have had it in the last couple of weeks or so. I make 4. For the last three it only takes 24 hours of resting your stomach from food and drink and then you can slowly add simple foods. For those that followed this prescription it only took about 24 hours until they could keep food and water down.

My nephew seems to have had the same bug. In his case he is only 2 years old. It is not pleasant to have an empty stomach. It is even less unpleasant to empty it. His parent kept giving him milk. That is was he was used to. He kept throwing up. It took about a week for him to get over his bug.

As I have been up since about 3 am, I have thought about this in relation to the health insurance bill the Senate passed on Christmas Eve. The way I see it, we can either convince our friends and family that they need to wake up and make their vote and dollars heard before this becomes law or we face a much longer battle to undo it.

I plan to find and detail exactly why this bill would be very bad for our economy and our health care. I also plan to suggest alternatives to this health insurance. But before we can even consider what is better we must stop this bill.

I think if all of us rise up and go to work we might have a few days or weeks of concerted effort. It may put us out of our comfort zone. It may be inconvenient or bothersome. Would you rather wait and see how this bill deteriorates the quality of heath care available to us? Should we just not worry about it because we are consigned that it is inevitable? Do you want to wait and see if it really will bankrupt us?

I choose not to wait. I am sick today. If I stick to resting my belly, after a judicious waiting period, I will be back to normal. I want the same for our health care system and economy.

For those of you ready to take action, send this to your friends. Contribute to ReverseTheVote.org, they are targeting 24 Democrats that voted for this. Take further action to reverse the vote so we don't have to repeal the deal.

No comments: