Wherefore, honest men and wise men should be sought for diligently, and good men and wise men ye should observe to uphold; (D&C 98:10)

Sunday, April 24, 2016

Character Development, Citizenship Training, And Personal Fitness

Sometimes we can get too caught up in the goal of helping every scout in our program to be an eagle scout. I think that this is a worthy goal. I long for the ideal where every boy scout earns his eagle rank in spirit and in deed.

If we focus on advancement to the exclusion of the other methods of scouting, we lose the spirit of scouting and I think lose the hearts of the boys who might catch the spirit of scouting.

For whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospel’s, the same shall save it. (Mark 8:35)
I choose to trust the aims and methods of scouting. I will learn and develop myself and our troop such that we use all the methods of scouting.

No comments: