Wherefore, honest men and wise men should be sought for diligently, and good men and wise men ye should observe to uphold; (D&C 98:10)

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Birth Control, Abortion and Health Insurance

I don't think there is an inherent right to have sex without consequences. Modern advances have made it easier to avoid getting pregnant or a venereal disease. But that does not mean you have a right to sex without negative consequences.

I don't think there is an inherent right to tell other people what to do with their sexuality or the consequences of it.

The conflict comes when you mix up health insurance between employees and employers. That started happening decades ago for reasons I don't yet understand. If we had kept them separate, then there would never had been a conflict.

If you want birth control then, buy it or buy insurance that covers it. Just don't ask me to pay for it or ask me to be involved in your decision.

No comments: