Wherefore, honest men and wise men should be sought for diligently, and good men and wise men ye should observe to uphold; (D&C 98:10)

Monday, November 10, 2008

"What Now?"

One of my friends who happens to be a political Independent asked me recently, "What now?" What does the Republican Party do?

I just read "What Now?" by Clark Judge. I agree with all of this.

- I am a bit worried that we might reward those who think they can intimidate the USA.
- I am proud that this election marks a high point in our society against racism.
- Since 1992, Republican's have won the popular vote in only 1 of the 5 Presidential elections.

I believe that smaller government and less taxes will move us out of the recession. Increasing taxes will likely worsen or prolong a recession.

I believe that voluntary welfare systems work much better than those that collect their funds by compulsion. I also am wary of government involvement in these better systems.

I believe that establishing a stable democracy in the middle east is very important to stabilizing the world.

As our country unifies over developing renewable and cheaper energy sources, we will no longer need to rely or financially support government that do not support free peoples. It will take hard work. I know we are up to the challenge. Drilling at home is an important stop gap.

As we shine the light of day on government processes, we can reduce corruption in our systems.

We need new leadership to promote these and other important issues. To better communicate them. To elect leaders that stand with integrity for them.

No comments: