Wherefore, honest men and wise men should be sought for diligently, and good men and wise men ye should observe to uphold; (D&C 98:10)

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Huckabee is my fourth choice

Out of the candidates that have gotten the most votes in the last few weeks, Mike Huckabee is my fourth choice. My ranking is

1. Mitt Romney
2. Rudy Giuliani
3. John McCain
4. Mike Huckabee

One reason is that he is not as fiscally conservative.
Huckabee---Whatever Tax You Pass, "You Will Have Nothing But My Profound Thanks"

Another reason is his position on the war in Iraq. From the Jan/Feb 2008 Edition of Foreign Affairs, Huckabee said, "The Bush administration's arrogant bunker mentality has been counterproductive at home and abroad. "

Mitt Romney could not believe a Republican said this, "I can't believe he'd say that. I'm afraid he's running for the wrong party. The truth of the matter is this president's kept us safe these last six years."

Victor Davis Hanson has more to say on this as quoted by Hugh Hewitt.

I want to be clear. I will support whoever is the Republican nominee. Mitt Romney is the best choice.

No comments: