Wherefore, honest men and wise men should be sought for diligently, and good men and wise men ye should observe to uphold; (D&C 98:10)

Thursday, February 13, 2020

Trump: the good, the bad and the ugly

Update 2020-04-12

Posted as a comment on several of my friend's posts
There is way more to life than who will be the next President. I want the President to have so little power that it matters _way_ less who it is.


-------------
I think I will vote for Trump. While I do not like the way he talks, I do like the results of his policies for the most part.


https://youtu.be/mkosbgYIOWM


A good friend of mine posted an article by David French called "Will Somebody Please Hate My Enemies for Me?" I agree with much of the article, This was my reply to her
"I fully recognize that refusing to hire a hater and refusing to hire a liar carries costs. If we see politics through worldly eyes, it makes no sense at all. Why would you adopt moral standards that put you at a disadvantage in an existential political struggle? If we don’t stand by Trump we will lose, and losing is unacceptable." 
Losing is unacceptable. There is no reasonable way to nominate someone other than Trump for the Republicans. 
He has done some good, some bad and definitely some ugly.  
At this point, the reduction in regulations that allows business to prosper is better than the bad and the ugly I have seen from Trump. 
It is not a pleasant decision. I think it is the best of the options I have.  
I did not vote for Trump in 2106 in the primary nor in the general election. I chose an unknown 3rd party candidate.  
The difference this time is the track record of judges chosen and other positive results that I have seen.  This weighs out to more good than bad at this point. 
-

No comments: