Wherefore, honest men and wise men should be sought for diligently, and good men and wise men ye should observe to uphold; (D&C 98:10)

Thursday, July 21, 2016

How do I reduce my echo chamber effect?

The simplest answer is to allow into my sphere of influence, people of many different biases. Engage with them and try to understand where they are coming from. Compare the best my perspective has to offer with theirs. I want to be able to express their point of view to a third party such that they would approve of how I have advocated for them.

A video that points out how Facebook can create and deepen our echo chambers.

"A stunning visualization of our divided Congress", Christopher Ingraham April 23, 2015

"5 Super Easy Ways to Eliminate Your Echo Chamber", Courtney Jones

"Facebook 'echo chamber' makes people more narrow-minded – study", RT News, 7 Jan 2016

No comments: