Wherefore, honest men and wise men should be sought for diligently, and good men and wise men ye should observe to uphold; (D&C 98:10)

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Campaining for John McCain

For several months I have felt blase about politics. I felt different after listening to John McCain late Saturday night. He will make a fine President. I fully support him and have decided to do what I can to help him get elected. Today I am donating to http://www.johnmccain.com, http://yesformarriage.com/ and http://protectmarriage.com/.

I am also going to research some candidates for local and state office as well as propositions. I will post the result of my research here on this site. I would love your input so I make the best choices this election season.

We must be informed on what we vote for. Don't forget to register to vote.

Update 2008-08-22

On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 10:57 AM, [a friend of mine] wrote:
I am not really sure if he will make a fine president. Some of his stands are really far left for a conservative Republican. But the more I learn about Barack Hussein Obama, GO MCCAIN!!!!!

Maybe I meant that he will be "fine" or good enough as president. I do believe McCain will do everything in his power to keep our country secure.

I also like what I believe is his sentiment behind campaign finance reform. I do NOT like McCain-Feingold. We should not hog tie ourselves when it comes to campaign finance. I do support increasing transparency in government. We should know as much as is possible exactly who supports what campaign.

No comments: